For a while, I’ve built up something of a backlog of different topics I’ve been wanting to write about here. Between trying to decide on which ones to do and all of my other responsibilities, they’ve largely just kind of built up into one big queue, and this is where I figured you come in. Simply put: Here’s a list of topics I’ve been intending to write about– you tell me which one you’d like me to take on, and I can focus on that!
I just hope there are enough votes to help make things definitive. On that note, I ask that you only name one for now– we’ll come back to the others later. If I’m having to decide between several, then it kind of renders the process moot. Then, once one is done, we start the process over again fresh. Sound good? I hope so!
Here’s what I’ve got:
- Why I think Brock Lesnar makes a perfect heel in wrestling.
– A look at some vintage Mario figures I have from the 80s.
– A look at some other old, odd stuff I brought back from my dad’s house when I visited last year.
– A look at the true hero and victor of the old “Mario versus Sonic” feud.
– Why copying in video games isn’t as bad as people make it seem.
– The seeming disrespect for original characters in long-running game series versus their successors.
– A tribute or restrospective (or both) to Midway.
– A look at the character development of The Legend of Zelda‘s Link.
– Comparing the stories of New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. 2, and why the first was better in that regard.
– The best 2D Mario games (something of a long past-due response to this).
– A closer look at Miyamoto’s recent statement which compared the roles of Mario‘s cast of characters to Popeye.
– A look at my trip to NYC for the Wii U launch (yes, long overdue; does anyone even care any more? And I wonder how much I can remember… I do have pictures, though!).
– Looking back at Nintendo Power and what it meant to me (and looking ahead to Nintendo Force).
– A piece about why I think the method of measuring title reigns in wrestling by number of days they’ve been held is flawed, and my idea for a better way to measure one’s reign (inspired by CM Punk’s recent lengthy reign).
– Forming a “Sense of Right” League.
– Finally, why we need Super Mario Land.
Whew, quite a list there, wouldn’t you say? And that’s not even quite everything, but it will do for now. And hopefully you can see why I wouldn’t mind a little assistance in finding some direction and focus for doing these in my spare time.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments, though I must warn you: I may not be too forthcoming with details, as I not want to leave a sense of intrigue for when an article is finished. Still, it doesn’t hurt to ask!
I’ll see where things stand at the end of the week, maybe sometime during the weekend.