Ok, been awhile since I’ve done a strictly “Tubin'” entry, but it seemed like a good time to bring it back.
Something recently made me reminisce about an old show on MTV I used to enjoy, Cartoon Sushi. Ah, simpler times, when watching MTV was somewhat enjoyable. Oh well, I’m sure someone still enjoys it; that just means I’ve gotten old.
Anyway, thinking about it prompted me to give ol’ YouTube a look-see to see if I could find any clips, and sure enough…
- Science Fact: Broccoli Has An IQ of Ten!
- UltraCity 6060! Where various anime get redubbed to contain lots more funny! In this episode, Planet Jackson, Michael gets his own asteroid!
- Gotta love the music in The Dirdy Birdy, made by the same guys who did some of Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- Science Fact: The Mayfly Has A Lifespan of Two Hours!
- UltraCity 6060! Iria Goes to the Mall, in regretable low-quality.
- Speed Racer? How about Fast Driver?
- Science Fact: Dogs Can Not See Color!
- UltraCity 6060! Hirogani’s Unstoppable Flatulence is nothing to mess with.
- In the “wow, they must’ve put the first things that came to mind onto paper” department, there’s the strange Space War.
- Science Fact: Fish Have No Memory!
- UltraCity 6060! After the budget is blown on too many giant robot battles, lip-synching must be cut!
Moving on from that, here’s some other fun stuff.
- This one’s kind of old, but thanks to
for bringing it to my attention recently anyway, since I’d never seen it. Anyway, ever wonder what the lyrics for the Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme are really saying?
- A student film follows a demon from a role-playing game who’s tired of his job in Bad Role.
- From The Switcher, who brought us the Street Fighter Stupidity Exhibition comes Mortal Kombat: Defenders of WTF.
He’s also made Double Dragon Douchebaggery and DarkStalkers Dumbness. While I enjoyed the MK, DD, and Street Fighter cartoons enough (they weren’t all that bad, really), I never got into DarkStalkers one… and seeing this makes me regret that.
Oh, and in the “unfair comparisons” department, he puts Street Fighter II, the anime movie, and the American Street Fighter cartoon side-by-side; some would say that Street Fighter II V would be a more fair comparison.
- The Worst Bomberman Review Ever is definitely NSFW.
- Speaking of NSFW, Dr. Robotnik says whatever he wants, including the N-word in this lost episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Michael Bay: Living awesome.
- Mac and PC make fun of Linux… South Park-style.
- I’m not big into real-life weapon-use… at least, not against anything living. But mindless, harmless blow-old-stuff-up action? I’m good for that. Sort of like when some uncles and cousins of mine would toss lit dynamite into old, unrepairable washing machines out behind my grandpa’s shop (no joke). Or potato-guns.
Anyway, it’s in that vein (and the ass-kicking-in-fiction one) that I present Mythbusters‘ Kari Byron chopping down an old tree with a gatling gun.
And that’s enough for now. I’ll see what else I can toss up here, and hopefully it won’t be much longer before I can begin to do more frequent updates again.