If you’re like me, then you might have been taken off-guard by its arrival, and if you’re like me, you probably have little going on. So here’s a few things to watch.
- Since TMNT was just in theaters, you might still have a slight craving for some Turtle Action. If so, then 4Kids has you covered.
Their web site has several eps of the ’03 Turtles series, Fast Forward (I recommend “Graduation Day, Class of 2105″ and “Timing is Everything”), plus Viva Pinata, if that’s your thing.
- If that’s not enough, then over on Yahoo! Video, you can find the US-banned episode of the ’03 series, “Insane in the Membrane.”
As kids’ cartoons go, it’s pretty graphic. I don’t really recommend it for the particularly weak at heart. At the same time, it’s a cartoon, and not nearly as graphic in the truest sense as if it were live-action.
- Cross Zeta Gundam with Super Smash Bros. Melee, and what do you get?
- Might’ve posted this before, but it’s worth posting again.
Jim Carrey in Liar, Liar, Phoenix Wright-style.
- Bears are cool.
- Pepto Bismol = Serious Business
- Prince Vegeta just can’t wait… to be King.
- Pepsiman: a mascot refreshing like no other.
- Inspector Gadget.
Which is, sadly, better than what poor old MAD Cat got.
- Metal Gear Solid 3: what they DIDN’T want you to see.
…though I don’t know who “they” are, given that this was included on the Subsistence version.
- Yeah, so I don’t think that the MegaMan Legends Collection thing is going to happen. I sort of hoped that maybe some of the big guys, like Joystiq or Kotaku or whoever, might pick up on it. Didn’t happen.
Anyway, here’s something you’ll be missing out on as a result.
- The Mega Man animated series opening. In German.
Makes you wonder, “if Dr. Wily spoke with a German accent in the US version, does he speak with an American accent in the German version?”
- I strongly suspect that My Cousin Vinny (be warned, strong language) had some influence on Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney.
Just little things, like how the judge has it in for the rookie defense lawyer.
Or just compare Gambini’s suit to Edgeworth’s.
- Forget who all was in the original TransFormers cartoon?
Don’t worry, just watch this.
- And finally, remember that really obscure Super Mario Bros. anime OVA?
Personally, I’d love to see this released here, perhaps in a dubbed form on DVD, and am seriously considering petitioning Shout! Factory to look into it.
It’s a pretty good little movie, and it’s very true to the original game (with a few other elements added), though there are some rather odd product placement in a couple of spots.