- After passing on the Tokyo Game Show, Nintendo is holding Nintendo World 2006 in three locations throughout Japan.
What will we see? Don’t know, but here’s hoping for more Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- In Japan, the GameCube version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be available online only.
No word on if the US version will follow the same path, though I suppose that might make the choice easier for some. Yet, that would be bad for others not yet looking at a Wii.
However, IGN reports that the game is still expected to be sold via normal retail channels.
N-Philes also confirms what has pretty much been the assumption for awhile, and that is that the game will be rated “T” for Teen.
- I’m one of the few who actually enjoyed the movie, so I’m glad to hear that The Punisher is getting an “Extended Cut” release.
- Director Christopher Nolan discusses the Joker in the next Batman movie. Should be chilling.
- In Florida, Bully takes its final test to determine if it is a “public nuisance, and whether or not it can be sold within the home state of media darling/lunatic Jack Thompson.
Here’s hoping that common sense prevails.
In either case, Kotaku is simply offended by the whole proceeding.
- Next-Gen reports that “new research has shown massive consumer belief in the PlayStation 3, and waning interest in Xbox 360. It also notes that “Wii could be the spoiler.”
Personally, I still stand by my belief that when things get underway, it’s probably going to be a pretty even mix.
In the meantime, Next-Gen also has a podcast looking at the Pros and Cons of the PS3 with PSM editor Chris Slate, as well as the World of Warcraft episode of South Park and how the media portrays gamers.
- Go Nintendo reports that there is confirmation that GameStop/EB Games will be taking Wii preorders starting Friday. And it appears there will be no shenanigans here… or at least, there shouldn’t be.
- Nintendo has come out with an announcement saying that Wii demo kiosks will not be exclusively at GameStop.
Cool deal. It just didn’t make any sense the other way.
However, Best Buy is doing no such thing.
- Wow. It’s like we’re turning Japanese.
…I think Mario should have a day.
- Joystiq takes a look at the possibility that GameStop is holding out on PS3s.
The fellas over at Joystiq sibling blog PS3 Fanboy debunk the rumor that 80% of PlayStation 3 stock was sold out in yesterday’s GameStop presale event. They’ve done the math, and if their pencils are sharp, only about 10% of North America’s 400,000 PS3 allotment was sold yesterday.
Most curious… and perhaps vile, indeed.
- In addition to all that, it seems that Sony is moving closer to “junk” status.’
Can anything save them?
- If you’re in the New York area, or want to be at the Nintendo World Store for the Wii’s launch, you should know that they are now taking preorders.
I wish I could go.
- Press The Buttons warns against PlayStation 3 scammers.
No, I don’t mean the eBay stuff.
And no, I don’t mean Sony, either.