A number of sites have decided to comment on this, an alleged launch line-up of titles for the Wii Virtual Console.
Going a step further, several of these sites have been vocal about what they’d like to see on the WVC.
Myself, as many new Wii titles as I’d like to get my hands on, I can say there are a number I’d like to download as well. So here is a sampling of choices I’d like to see:
From the alleged launch line-up:
* Bonk’s Adventure – I never got to play the de facto TurboGrafx-16’s mascot title, but I’ve always wanted to try out this game and Zonk.
* Mario Kart 64 – Barring ROB in Mario Kart DS, this one remains my favorite of the lot.
* New Adventure Island – I was never very good at Adventure Island as a kid, but a lot of time has passed, and I’d like to give another fair shake to a series that has generally been regarded as a classic.
* Duck Hunt – Pending a Wii version, anyway.
* Super Mario 64 – On account of losing the N64 copy we had(with ALL the stars, dangit), and the suffering that the DS version endures due to no analog controls.
That I’ve played before, and would love to play again:
* Super Castlevania IV – Metroidvania’s be damned, this one remains one of my all-time favorites.
* Contra: Hard Corps – My time with this one was far too short, and I’d like to give it some more. Be nice if there was an option for the original style(I think in Japan, you could take a couple of hits before dying).
* Mega Man: The Wily Wars – Not so much for the main games, but Wily Tower would be a nice thing to finally get on a console.
* Stunt Race FX – Quite simply, a fun racer. I wish they’d update this one.
* Willow – This Zelda-styled adventure game was fun back in the day.
* Pilotwings 64 – What Burnout 3 was in stress relief, Pilotwings 64 was in just “chillaxin’.”
* Yoshi’s Safari – A fun Super Scope romp, I’d love to give it another run, even if I have to settle for the Wiimote to make it so.
That for some reason or another, I just never got to play:
* Paper Mario – Because Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was like the sequel to Super Mario RPG I always wanted, that Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga failed to be. I need MORE.
* Super Smash Bros. – I only ever got to play Melee.
* Beetle Adventure Racing – Looks fun as racers go.
* Excitebike 64 – See above.
* Gunstar Heroes – I only got to play the sequel, but it was great.
Also, it’d be great if Star Fox 2 were released, so that everyone could play it.
So, those are just a few of my picks that I’d love to get on-sight. Voice your own picks below!